Sunday, December 31, 2006

GOD JUL - Merry Xmas!

ok, all Xmas fuss is over now and it's actually just few hours before New Year but as everybody's preparing for the night (=sleeping:p) I have some time to write...
Swedish Christmas - the first weird thing is that they celebrate it not like all normal ppl (ok, half normal, normal ones celebrate it on 7th of January:p) on 25th but they do it on 24th of December - Julafton - Christmas afthernoon.
I started at 8 in the morning! from the breakfast with my host family. Eating rise pourage and exhange presents. Then I ran away from crazy children to my friend's house to celebrate Xmas in typical Swedish family. And then it went: after drinking some glogg (hot sweet wine with spices) we set by the table and started few hours dinner with several rounds, starting from salmon and herring, switching to julskinka - Xmas ham and cold meat and then to meat balls with cranberry marmelade (don't even ask why they eat meat with marmelade..Swedes!), spare pork ribs and Jansson frestelse: a dish with potatos and anchovis and cream sause.
And then all the presents! Here it was a bit less of them coz all children are quite old already but in my host family it was the whole mountain of them. And they got boxing gloves!!!!! Shittttttt!
They'll have to pay me extra for damages!

well, I guess I'm going to relax for a while as well before NY. We've got nice italian champaign and martini:) it's so nice to have guests coming from Italy:P

No comments: